Vehicle Registration Services and Advice on DVLA Matters


58 North Street, Bristol BS3 1HJ
0117 902 8656, 07795 423598

Independent Certificate of Conformity
~ standard service ~


HOME  (overview)
Buy a Forms/Admin service

NOVA submission / advice
> BUY Conformity Document
IVA & MSVA test booking

 About  Conformity Document

About | Contact




Service time targets:

Standard: 2 - 3 days

Enhanced: Same or next day

Problems in Spain [click]







Continental Europe: If you are taking a vehicle anywhere in Europe (or beyond), it helps to have a document handy that states Vehicle Type Approval Number, if applicable. It helps at French CT stations and Spanish ITV stations, and so on, if you have key vehicle information to-hand to show the tester.

is an independent verification of your vehicle in relation to EC type approval.

UK (vehicle over ten years old): If you are filling in the V55 form for registration in the UK, your iCoC contains all the information you will need to complete it.

Service: It costs 65 in total, including postage...

TO BUY, please give us the required data below. Your input will be processed and captured and you will proceed to the payment information page.

* Required

Cancellation and refunds:

After ordering you have a 14 day cancellation period during which you can cancel the service contract without giving any reason, and recieve a full refund. Please see full refund policy.


After you submit this form and continue to payment, you will be emailed a confirmation and for any additional information we need. Thank you for your custom.

What is an Independent Certificate of Conformity?

It is a document that states vehicle particulars in relation to European Commission (EC) Type Approval standards, along with other important information and vehicle facts.

To enable you to fill in the UK V55/5 vehicle registration form the DVLA recommends you use a conformity document or 'CoC'. If you have lost your original CoC or bought a vehicle without a CoC, buy an independent CoC from us; or call us or E-Mail us if unsure.

If you are taking a vehicle to an EU country from the UK, the authorities there will almost certainly require a document to ascertain type approval number status before you can register it there.

States Type Approval Number or status.
States emissions rating (CO2)
States TVV (Type, Variant and Version), also coded 'D2'.

* Homologation is the process of certifying or approving a product to indicate that it meets regulatory standards and specifications, such as safety and technical requirements

What is the Purpose of the Independent Certificate of Conformity?


UK: Perfect for absolute reference when filling in the UK V55/5 form. Will enable you to fill the form in.


UK: Not acceptable proof of European conformity for the DVLA in applications for vehicles less than 10 years old, without an IVA test pass (unless vehicle has been registered in the UK in the past).

  UK: can be useful for transposing information about your vehicle when using other forms and procedures, such as the IVA Test application, MSVA Test application and the NOVA1 form. It can even be useful as a reference sheet at MOT stations for unregistered vehicles when the MOT tester creates a new record for a vehicles. 


FRANCE, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, and EU: Contains key information about the vehicle which is critical to registration in EU states (Carte Grise application, etc). We can also research and add data by research if required by registering authorities. 

  Beyond the EU: Customers buy the ICOC for use with authorities all over the world ~ it is a handy document stating the key data and registration history of the vehicle. We have had acceptances and repeat business from Singapore, South Africa, India, China, Russia, Turkey, Israel, New Zealand, Japan and the middle east.

registration of vehicles

In theory (LEGALLY) if the vehicle has already been registered in an EU member state it does not require a manufacturer's Certificate of Conformity the second time around (in accordance with EC directive 2007/C68/04 - if a vehicle was already registered in a member state, it should not pass again the same tests already passed, nor criteria for registration again).

But you will need to know or present the type approval number - if applicable, and emissions rating - if applicable. This kind of information and other data is contained in our Independent Certificate of Conformity

In practice, if your car is already registered and you move it to another EU country, the authorities in your new country will often require additional technical checks or certificates before registration. Our Independent Certificate of Conformity, in place of a manufacturer's one may meet this demand as it corroborates vehicle data displayed on your registration document and states the EC type approval number, where relevant and applicable. But this is not guaranteed.



Warning: We have been hearing from customers in Spain that some ITV centres are insisting on the 'original' manufacturer's certificate of conformity just to be able to do a vehicle test. We do not understand why but please bear this in mind when presenting a vehicle using a V5C and/or our documents as we do not guarantee acceptance.



Full terms and Conditions