Vehicle Registration Services and Advice on DVLA Matters

Express service
click here for standard ICOC service

HOME  (overview)
Buy a Forms/Admin service

NOVA submission / advice
> BUY Conformity Document
IVA & MSVA test booking

Motor trade Support

About | Contact

  click here for simplified - mobile version

Service time targets:

Express: Same or next day

Standard - 5 days


Special Service for ITALY

We have a consultant, specialising in registrations in Italy, using ICOCs and local knowledge. If you are stuck, click to ENQUIRE by email



Europe, EU, EEA: If you are taking a vehicle anywhere in Europe (or beyond), it helps to have a document handy that states Vehicle Type Approval Number, if applicable. It helps if you have key vehicle information to-hand for a vehicle tester and for filling forms in.

UK: If you are filling in the V55 form for registration in the UK, your ICOC contains information you will need to complete it.
> for France - quick link for - returning customers
ICOC is a verification of your vehicle in relation to EC type approval. Complete form below to buy.
 EXPRESS SERVICE - it costs £175

please give us the required data below. Your input will be processed and captured and you will proceed to the payment methods page.

A VAT invoice will be sent

* Required
Pressing the submit button confirms I accept the terms and conditions


After you submit this form and continue to payment, you will be emailed a confirmation. Thank you for shopping with us.


for all Current and Historic Brands, Local and Global. These are just some:

Available for various uses in various countries, inside and outside the EU

What is an Independent Certificate of Conformity?

It is a document that states vehicle particulars in relation to European Commission (EC) Type Approval standards, along with other important information and vehicle facts.

To enable you to fill in the UK V55/5 vehicle registration form the DVLA recommends you use a conformity document or 'CoC'. If you have lost your original CoC or bought a vehicle without a CoC, buy an independent CoC from us; or call us or E-Mail us if unsure.

If you are taking a vehicle to an EU country from the UK, the authorities there will almost certainly require a document to ascertain type approval number status before you can register it there.

States Type Approval Number or status, if applicable.
States emissions rating (CO2), if applicable.
States TVV (Type, Variant and Version), also coded 'D2', if applicable.
UK - shows, line by line, how to fill in the UK V55/5 form, with details for your specific vehicle. Includes free telephone support and advice.

* Homologation is the process of certifying or approving a product to indicate that it meets regulatory standards and specifications, such as safety and technical requirements

What is the Purpose of the Independent Certificate of Conformity?


UK: Perfect for absolute reference when filling in the UK V55/5 form. Will enable you to fill the form in.


UK: Not acceptable proof of European conformity for the DVLA in applications for vehicles less than 10 years old, without an IVA test pass (unless vehicle has been registered in the UK in the past).


UK: useful for transposing information about your vehicle when using other forms and procedures, such as the IVA Test application, MSVA Test application and the NOVA1 form. It can even be useful as a reference sheet at MOT stations for unregistered vehicles when the MOT tester creates a new record for a vehicles. 


FRANCE:  We recommend that in the first instance you try to obtain a manufacturer's ECWVTACOC. Since 21 June 2018 we have restricted our involvement in French Carte Grise applications to regular trade customers and repeat or recommended customers in France. We will only issue ICOC documents for use in France under certain circumstances. If you are a regular, trade or repeat customer, please click here.


FINLAND, NORWAY, ITALY, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, and other EU: Contains key information about the vehicle which is critical to registration in EU states (Type Approval number, emissions, etc.). We can also research and add data by research if required by registering authorities. 



Beyond the EU: Customers buy the ICOC for use with authorities all over the world ~ it is a handy document stating the key data and registration history of the vehicle. We have had acceptances and repeat business from Singapore, South Africa, Kenya, India, China, Russia, Turkey, Israel, New Zealand, Japan and the middle east.


registration of vehicles

In theory (LEGALLY) if the vehicle has already been registered in an EU member state it does not require a manufacturer's Certificate of Conformity the second time around (in accordance with EC directive 2007/C68/04 - if a vehicle was already registered in a member state, it should not pass again the same tests already passed, nor criteria for registration again).

But you will need to know or present the type approval number - if applicable, and emissions rating - if applicable. This kind of information and other data is contained in our Independent Certificate of Conformity

In practice, if your car is already registered and you move it to another EU country, the authorities in your new country will often require additional technical checks or certificates before registration. Our Independent Certificate of Conformity, in place of a manufacturer's one may meet this demand as it corroborates vehicle data displayed on your registration document and states the EC type approval number, where relevant and applicable. Please be aware that an agency or organisation this is presented to may ask for additional documentation or ‘supportive evidence’ depending on what procedure is being undertaken.


Full terms and Conditions